About Data8 Ltd
A fast growing data management company based near Chester, Data8 develop a range of solutions to improve our clients’ data quality including data cleansing, real-time validation, and data supply. As part of our growth and ongoing investment, we now have a requirement for a person who meets the criteria below to help support Data8’s continued growth in our Data Validation division
Data8 are looking to expand their sales team and are looking for a Business Development Manager reporting to the Head of Validate. As part of a small team, you’ll be involved in developing, maintaining, deploying and supporting a wide range of sales initiatives, all with the aim of providing high quality data solutions to our customers and prospects.
You will be supported by a range of proactive marketing initiatives that drives sales to Data8, you will be expected to support this initiative and identify opportunities in your area for future exploitation.
This is an exciting opportunity for the candidate that would like the opportunity to grow within the team. The role gives you exposure to lots of different cutting-edge data management technologies and also the ability to shape a company that is looking forward to growing.
- Achieve sales and non-sales related targets
- Ensure the highest profit margin possible is achieved on each order
- Target potential corporate clients to help secure larger contracts using a strategic and consultative approach
- Conduct research into the data industry and key client account sectors or sectors Data8 specialise in to identify and create sales opportunities and build credibility with clients
- Conduct all associated tasks to win business, retain and develop existing accounts
- Follow up on all incoming leads
- Increase the contact surface within accounts to minimise risk & increase potential spending
- Self-source, cold call and prospect for new customers
- Up sell and Cross sell services to other departments
- Attend face to face meeting when required
- Attend exhibitions and shows when required
- Provide accurate forecasting
- Communicate relevant competitor information which could impact Data8
- Advise of potential issues which may impact personal sales performance
- Confirm accounts at risk and high potential orders
- Confirm contract renewal dates
Admin & Procedures
- Update the CRM system with all relevant information
- Assist with credit control to ensure customers pay on time
- Follow the sales and administration processes
- Conform to all internal procedures including security, confidentiality, health & safety & the data protection act
Training & Experience
Ideally someone with a sales background, training and support will be provided, but you will also be expected to keep in touch with industry developments and share your knowledge with the rest of the team where appropriate.
If you are interested, please send your CV and salary requirements to email@example.com
Location: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire (Near Cheshire Oaks)
Hours : Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30
Pay: Depending on experience.
Holidays: 23 days per annum