High availability with Data8
It's vitally important to us that all our web services are available whenever you need them for your critical business processes. That's why we have invested in a secure infrastructure with high levels of redundancy in every critical system. We have a minimum target of 99.7% availability, and hope to far exceed this as you can see from our live uptime statistics below.
- Two independent data centres
- Multiple, load balanced servers
- No single point of failure
- Automatic failover between servers
- Backup power supplies and generators
Our data centres employ an array of fully load balanced servers. If a server should develop a fault, all the traffic from that server will be re-routed to an alternative server within just five seconds, so your business can continue with no interruptions.
We constantly monitor the availability of our services and actually pay for a third party to monitor our services. The live statistics from these checks are shown below, together with the current overall uptime for 2017.
Last update: 23 Aug 11:57
We take the security of your data very seriously. We employ the latest techniques in both physical and network security to ensure that no-one can gain unauthorized access to any of your data.
- CCTV, motion detection & key fob access to the data centre
- 24/7 guard presence
- Locked cabinets within data centre
- UPS (uninterruptable power supply) & two backup diesel generators
- Advanced fire suppression system
- Multiple levels of firewalls with default-deny policy
All of our web services are available over an SSL-secured HTTPS connection as well as the standard HTTP connection. Just replace http://webservices.data-8.co.uk with https://webservices.data-8.co.uk in any URLs.
There is a performance overhead involved in using HTTPS connections, so if performance is of more importance than security for the particular service you are accessing you may want to use HTTP rather than HTTPS.