This guide will demonstrate how to install the Data8 plugin for Magento directly, via FTP and console commands. The Data8 plugin for Magento adds address capture and data validation to all data-entry points across your Magento site, in real-time.
- Make the most of our PredictiveAddress or Postcode Lookup tools with any address fields on your site including at checkout!
- Apply real-time validation to Email Addresses, Telephone Numbers and Names at point of entry.
- Download the Data8 Extension for Magento.
- Connect to your Magento site via an FTP connection.
- Upload the plugin files to the
app/code/Data8/DataCaptureValidationdirectory and unzip (Final path should be
- Use the command line to install the plugin:
- Open a command window on your Magento server machine.
- Ensure that you have php installed by running the command
- Ensure that you have the correct rights to be able to run the command. Limitations can be put in place such as user rights or file rights.
- Run the following commands to install the Data8 plugin:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade; php bin/magento setup:di:compile; php bin/magento cache:flush;These commands check all of the modules and launches schema installation or updating process (if necessary). They then re-compile any necessary files and clear the cache.
- The plugin should now be set-up on your Magento site.
Log into your Magento admin site (localhost/admin) and go to
Stores > Configuration > Data8 > Data Capture & Validation.
You should see the following settings page:
Enter your Ajax API Server key for your Data8 account and select the appropriate options to configure the plugin to suit your needs. Once you have finished, click the 'Save Config' button in the top right of the screen.