Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Postcode Lookup Configuration
The Data8 Postcode Lookup solution adds support for fast, accurate address entry into any standard or custom fields using either our Postcode Lookup or PredictiveAddress services.
Once installed, open the solution and you will be shown the Configuration screen:
To start with, enter a few key details about how you want to use the solution:
- Data8 Ajax API Key - get this from your Dashboard
- License Type - if you're starting a trial select "Trial Full Data". If you've purchased, select the option that corresponds with the license type you've purchased. Ask your account manager if you're not sure
- Use Predictive Addressing - if you're trialling or have purchased our PredictiveAddress service, tick this box. If you're using Postcode Lookup, leave it blank
Click Save once you've finished with these options.
Configuring Address Fields
Now we're set up with the basics we need to tell the solution what fields we want to use Postcode Lookup or PredictiveAddress with.
Select the entity type from the drop down list that you want to configure a set of address fields for and click Add.
For most out-of-the-box entity types such as Lead, Contact or Account you should see the following screen offering the use of our Quick Configuration option:
This will set up the standard set of fields (Street 1, Street 2, Street 3, City, State/Provide and Postcode) to be used with the Postcode Lookup solution. Just select whether you want to configure the Address 1 or Address 2 fields (you can always run through this process a second time to do both) and click Configure.
If you're configuring a custom entity type for which we can't offer a Quick Configuration option, or want more control over your configuration, click the Manual button and you'll see the detailed configuration screen:
On this screen you can select the following options to control how the address will be entered into your record:
- Organisation. Some addresses contain a business name as well as the physical address. For these addresses you can select what should happen to the business name:
- Place it in a separate field. Keeps the business name separate from the physical address but allows you to select another field to place the business name in.
- Ignore it. Only use the physical address part and ignore the business name.
- Treat it as a normal part of the address. The business name will be included in the same address fields as other parts of the address.
- Address Fields. Select which fields to store the address lines in. All the available fields on the entity type are shown in the left-hand list, use the ">" button to move them to the right-hand list. Typically this will be the "Street 1", "Street 2", "Street 3", "City" and "State/Provice" fields. Do not select the postcode field here, that will be selected separately later. You'll normally also want to tick the "Keep town and county in last two fields" box.
- Postcode. Select the field to store the postcode in from the drop-down list.
- Country. If required, select the field to store the country in from the drop-down list. This is particularly useful when using PredictiveAddress with international data.
Once you have finished, click Save.