20th April 2018
This page aims to help you understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it.
Data8 ltd (company number 04773536) help our clients ensure that their databases are of the best possible quality. We do this making available by various services including data cleansing, data validation, data supply and database hosting.
Data8 is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will comply with the applicable data protection laws in all our dealings with your personal data.
What personal information we collect about you
We may collect information about you regarding:
- your name;
- job title;
- telephone contact details including company switchboard, direct dial and mobile;
- your email address;
- your business name;
- addresses relating to your business or your role in your business;
- the size and nature of your business;
- website details relating to your business.
We do not collect sensitive personal data about you or your company.
If you contact us, or when we contact you, we may keep a record of that correspondence. This may include call recordings, details of your visits to our site and emails exchanged.
Where we collect information about you from
This information may be provided to us in various ways:
- provided by you in day to day business communication through phone calls, emails or meetings;
- provided through information found on publically accessible websites, including your company websites, online directories, social media and other websites;
- bought in from lists that we purchase of potential customers that we feel may be interested in our products and services;
- provided to us through trade show or other similar events.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways. To:
- market our products and services to you via direct marketing methods including email, telephone or direct mail;
- analyse the database in order to find out how to best market our products and services;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- answers queries regarding orders that have been placed in the past;
- manage credit control and invoicing tasks relating to your account;
- cleanse or enhance the data to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date;
We collect and store personal data for the purpose of our business database. As such, we will only retain your personal data for as long as we believe it is accurate and up-to-date. We verify and cleanse our data periodically and will remove your data from our records if we think that it is no longer accurate.
Where we store your personal data
We will store your data in central CRM solution, and other standard business tools such as email clients, spreadsheets, mobile phones and phone systems.
Legal basis to process your personal data
The law allows for personal data to be legally collected and used if it is necessary for a legitimate interest of the organisation – as long as it is fair and balanced and does not unduly impact the rights of individuals.
We have assessed our business interests in carrying out our services and we have carefully considered the impact the collection and use of personal data could potentially have on individuals’ rights. Our databases contain data relating to companies and contacts, which is used to promote our business and such activities are unlikely to affect the fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals concerned. You have the option to opt out of being including in our CRM solution at any time. We have therefore concluded that unless we have documented evidence of valid consent being available for your data, the most appropriate lawful ground for the processing of your personal data is our legitimate interests.
In the event you request any goods and/or services from us, we will rely on our contractual relationship to process your personal data to provide such goods and/or services to you.
Your rights including opting out
You have various rights under data protection law, including the rights to:
- Request to see the personal data we hold about you;
- Request that we correct or delete any inaccuracies in the personal data that we hold on you;
- Object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- Prevent processing for direct marketing
If you wish to talk to us about any of the above or if you simply would like to be removed from the online directory, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any concerns or complaints about our activities, you can contact us on email@example.com.
Additionally, you have the right to raise a concern or complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 (www.ico.org.uk).
Data Processing Activities
Data8’s business activities involve us acting as a Data Processor to process our clients’ data on their specific instructions. This data may contain personal data that belongs to our clients (in legal terms they are the Data Controller). We do not do anything with this data other than as instructed by our clients. Appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of our clients’ personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, our clients’ personal data. Our clients’ data is not kept for longer than is necessary for that purposes provided to us.
Data Protection Lead Officer
Stanney Mill Road