- Reduce email bounces
- Improve your online reputation
- Identify and fix common misspellings
- Detect free and disposable addresses
Data8’s full service email validation services help our customers increase email marketing efficiency and comply with can spam legislation. Our comprehensive email validation services include: syntax verification, DNS validation, disposable email address (DEA) detection, SMTP connection and availability checking, temporary unavailability detection, mailbox existence checking, Catch-All testing, and Greylisting detection.
This comprehensive service ensures reduction of bounce rate and increase of email deliverability resulting in effective marketing and ultimately increased ROI.
- Comprehensive levels of validation
- Quick and easy to use
data8 checks email addresses using 4 possible levels.
- Firstly is it syntactically correct? Are all the characters valid and it looks like an email address?
- Secondly, does the domain part refer to an internet address correctly configured to send email?
- Thirdly, is the mail server alive and responding to requests?
- Fourthly, does the mail server allow you to send emails to the local part?
Many email servers employ various methods to avoid spamming. Two common strategies that we can detect here when performing our most detailed validation are:
- Catch-All - a mail server configured with a catch-all rule means that any email sent to any email address is accepted. It is either just deleted, forwarded to another email address, or rejected and bounced (a soft bounce) a few minutes later. The data8 solution now detects these mail servers so that you can distinguish between a genuine good email address and an email address that is held on a mail server with a catch-all rule.
- Grey-listing - some mail servers are configured with grey-listing techniques. This means that the mail server initially rejects any approach to send an email and says please try again later. The idea here is that spammer would tend to give up at this point and move onto the next email address. The data8 solution detects grey-listing techniques and returns a different return code.
By using our services you are not putting yourself at risk of becoming blocked and barred for looking like an email spammer. data8's experience of validating millions of email addresses and our relationships with the major ISPs means that our service will continue to work without risk of black listing. You can also be assured that we are giving the highest possible validation rates with the lowest false positive rate.
We compare the name information that you have provided and try to spot inconsistencies. For example, if you have a name of 'John Smith' you would not expect the email address to be 'john.smit@...'. Our system detects these errors and offers suggestions to fix them. Finally, we analyse invalid email addresses to see if any correction might be suggested that results in a valid email address. For example, '...@data-8.c.uk' would be corrected to '...@data-8.co.uk' and 'firstname.lastname@example.org' would result in the suggested fix of 'email@example.com'.
The following data in your customer database:
can be cleansed by this service to: