Record Form Override
This page will demonstrate how to override the default record form to get real-time email, phone, bank account and name validation, telephone formatting and TPS/CTPS checking on your records.
The process of setting up an override needs to be completed for each object that you want to apply one of the Data8 services to (unless you are using the other method of applying validation). For example, you may decide to complete this process for the Account, Contact and Lead objects.
- Go to ‘Setup’ > ‘Objects and Fields’ > ‘Object Manager’.
- Click the object you want to apply Data8 validation to (i.e. Account/Contact/Lead).
- Go to ‘Buttons, Links, and Actions’.
- Find the ‘Edit’ button > click the drop-down arrow (on the RHS) > click ‘Edit’.
- In ‘Salesforce Classic Override’ section, select the ‘Visualforce page’ radio option > in the drop down select the appropriate Visualforce page for the object you are overriding (i.e. Data8Validation_Account).
These have been set up for you for the Account, Contact and Lead objects, and named accordingly 'Data8Validation_[object]'.
If you wish to use the Record Form Override method on an object that isn't Account, Contact or Lead, you will need to create a Visualforce page, and copy the code from the 'Data8Validation_Account.vfp' page, changing references to 'Account' to your object name (3 places it needs changing).
Ensure the 'Lightning Experience Override' and 'Mobile Override' options are set to ‘Use the Salesforce Classic override’.
- Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 on the ‘New’ button to ensure validation will be applied when creating and editing records. Data8 Validation will be applied to the forms, based on the global configuration options you have set in the Data8 Settings page.