Bank Validation Configuration
Our Bank Account validation service can be integrated in two ways, through a lightning component which can be added to a lightning record page, or through the Record Form Override method.
Lightning Record Page Integration
- Navigate to a record of the object you wish to integrate with (i.e. a record on the Account object), and click ‘Edit Page’ from the cog in the top right corner.
- Drag the Data8BankValidation lightning component onto the page layout.
- Save the lightning page (and activate as org default).
The Bank validation component should now appear when previewing a record.
Record Form Override Implementation
Bank validation is integrated into our Record Form Override pages, performing real-time Bank Validation as the record is saved. Additional details about the bank account such as branch name, IBAN, BIC Code and Bank Address can be retrieved if mapped in settings page.
If you do not wish to use the Record Form Override method, triggers can be created and used to perform Bank validation. See the section at the bottom for information on how to achieve this.
Having completed a record form override on your desired object, fields will need to be created for bank account fields such as sort code, account number and bank name for input and outputs of the validation check.
Creating a field:
- Go to 'Setup' > 'Objects and Fields' > 'Object Manager'.
- Click on the object you want to add Bank Validation to.
- Click on 'Fields & Relationships' and create a 'New' field:
- Data Type = Text
- Label = e.g. 'Account Number'
- Name = e.g. 'Account_Number'
- Length = e.g. 255
- Click 'Save' and repeat for each bank account validation field you wish to create. The only required fields are for account number and sort code, although you may also want to create fields for bank name, branch name, bank address, IBAN, BIC code and validation result.
Having created the fields (and added them to the object page layout!), the mappings can now be set up from the Data8 Settings page.
Using Triggers Instead of Record Form Overrides
This method can be used to perform bank validation or TPS checks without overriding the default record form, although the fields to check will be hardcoded and will not make use of the mappings set up in the Data8 Settings page.
For information and help on creating these triggers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The team will be happy to help and provide sample code to get your triggers set up and running to suit your needs.