Bank Validation Configuration
Our Bank Account validation service can be integrated in two ways, through a lightning component which can be added to a lightning record page, or through the Record Form Override method.
Lightning Record Page Integration
- Navigate to a record of the object you wish to integrate with (i.e. a record on the Account object), and click ‘Edit Page’ from the cog in the top right corner.
- Drag the Data8BankValidation lightning component onto the page layout.
- Save the lightning page (and activate as org default).
The Bank validation component should now appear when previewing a record.
To get this component to work, you will need to configure mappings for the 'Account Number', 'Sort Code' and 'Bank Validation Result' fields. The Bank Validation Result field should be a standard text field.
Record Form Override Implementation
Bank validation is integrated into our Record Form Override pages, performing real-time Bank Validation as the record is saved. Additional details about the bank account such as branch name, IBAN, BIC Code and Bank Address can be retrieved if mapped in settings page.
If you do not wish to use the Record Form Override method, triggers can be created and used to perform Bank validation. See the section at the bottom for information on how to achieve this.
Having completed a record form override on your desired object, fields will need to be created for bank account fields such as sort code, account number and bank name for input and outputs of the validation check.
Creating a field:
- Go to 'Setup' > 'Objects and Fields' > 'Object Manager'.
- Click on the object you want to add Bank Validation to.
- Click on 'Fields & Relationships' and create a 'New' field:
- Data Type = Text
- Label = e.g. 'Account Number'
- Name = e.g. 'Account_Number'
- Length = e.g. 255
- Click 'Save' and repeat for each bank account validation field you wish to create. The only required fields are for account number and sort code, although you may also want to create fields for bank name, branch name, bank address, IBAN, BIC code and validation result.
Having created the fields (and added them to the object page layout!), the mappings can now be set up from the Data8 Settings page.